Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dexter 17 posts 67 karma points
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 23:44
    Dexter

Could not load type umbraco.controls.datePicker after upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.8.1

Umbraco v:4.8.1 / Asp.Net v4.0 / Win Server 2008 R2 / IIS 7.5

When I try to look at anything under the Statistics tree node after logging into the Umbraco CMS, I get the below error.  Is there a fix for this error?

Could not load type 'umbraco.controls.datePicker' from assembly 'cms, Version=1.0.4609.17578, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.controls.datePicker' from assembly 'cms, Version=1.0.4609.17578, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error: 

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\cf87a846\74335075\App_Web_showstatistics.aspx.6d1a3aa6.juswjncn.0.cs Line: 0 

Stack Trace: 

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.controls.datePicker' from assembly 'cms, Version=1.0.4609.17578, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       Sitereactor.GoogleAnalytics.ShowStatistics..ctor() +0
       ASP.umbraco_plugins_sitereactor_googleanalytics_showstatistics_aspx..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\cf87a846\74335075\App_Web_showstatistics.aspx.6d1a3aa6.juswjncn.0.cs:0
       __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_showstatistics_aspx_6d1a3aa6_juswjncn.Create_ASP_umbraco_plugins_sitereactor_googleanalytics_showstatistics_aspx() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\cf87a846\74335075\App_Web_showstatistics.aspx.6d1a3aa6.juswjncn.1.cs:0
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +174
       System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +42
       System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +490
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +375

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 00:02
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

It looks like the error is coming from the Google Analytics package - you might check to see if there's an updated version for 4.8.  IIRC there might be one for 4.7 but I'm not sure.

I think the namespace of the date picker might have changed in one of the updates

-Tom

Sep 19, 2012 @ 21:55
    Dexter

Thanks for the tip.  I have started over and applied the 4.7.2 to my 4.5.2 version.  Everything seems to be working.  I will apply the 4.8.1 update next.

D

Sep 20, 2012 @ 00:17
    Dexter

I just finished applying the update from 4.7.2 to 4.8.1.  I have 2 issues so far.  

1) which is annoying (and worked in v4.7.2), when I publish my entire site from within Umbraco CMS, the little window that show the progress of the pages being published does not increment the published counter, however, any changes are published to the website.

2) the more serious problem: upon logging into Umbraco CMS, the right pane does not render with a Welcome <name goes here> pane.  Instead I am presented with the following error (or see attached .jpg). 

Has anybody come across this problem?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +404
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +412
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1363
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +59
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +118
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6387937
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +6389506
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +538
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +28
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +256
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +228
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +262
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +26
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +148

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +261
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log.GetLogReader(User user, LogTypes Type, DateTime SinceDate) +362
       dashboardUtilities.LatestEdits.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +353
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft