Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dexter 17 posts 67 karma points
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 19:58
    Dexter

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture

Umbraco 4.9.0 / ASP.Net 4.0 / Windows Server 2008 R2 / IIS 7.5

Just found this error after doing a debug trace.  Is this something that I can fix or do I need to wait for a hotfix?

ItemRenderer Error rendering Item 6 (NodeId '' : pageName).
    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Umbraco.Web.umbraco.templateControls.Resources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "umbraco" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
      at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.HandleResourceStreamMissing(String fileName)
      at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Dictionary`2 localResourceSets, Boolean tryParents, Boolean createIfNotExists, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo requestedCulture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
      at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)
      at umbraco.presentation.templateControls.ItemRenderer.XsltTransform(String xpath, String itemData, Boolean disableEscaping)
      at umbraco.presentation.templateControls.ItemRenderer.Render(Item item, HtmlTextWriter writer)

• Dexter 17 posts 67 karma points
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 16:40
    Dexter

I found the resolution.  Please see http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-776.  The fix is in the attached .zip at the bottom of the post.

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft