Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 14:01
    suzyb

Error after reverting upgrade

Long story short I tried upgrading a site to use the nightly build 4.10 build 629 but after it didn't work I reverted the upgrade.

I'm sure I have reverted all the files however I am getting an error when I try to edit any document.  It seems to be related to certain data types like the rich text editor or upload.  This shows the error when trying to edit the home page with a rich text editor property.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.GetFileSystemProvider(String alias) +38
       Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.GetFileSystemProvider() +135
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol.TinyMCEWebControl..ctor() +171
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration) +420
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.tinyMCE3dataType.get_DataEditor() +122
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +144
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +855
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +181
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +122
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +132
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +276
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1004
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +132
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1969

Can anyone help me fix this.  Although there is not content added to the site it would be a pain to have to set it up from scratch again.

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 15:39
    suzyb

Found out what the problem was.

My web.config seems to have got messed up so was missing the FileSystemProviders section and associated configSource location.

• Robert Dolman 22 posts 42 karma points
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 15:23
    Robert Dolman

Thanks for posting this! You saved me a headache.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft