This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joydeep Gupta 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 12, 2009 @ 15:20
    Joydeep Gupta

"No connection to repository" error message

Umbraco Version : 4.0.2.1

asp.net version : 3.5

Windows version : Windows XP, SP3

IIS : 5.1 (Although I'm using Cassini web server to deploy Umbraco)

Visual Studio version : VS.NET 2008

I met with an error in step 5 as given below:

Step 5/5: Install a foundation?

No connection to repository.

Runway could not be installed as there was no connection to: 'http://packages.umbraco.org'

I then changed the web.config and added the proxy details under <system.net> section

<defaultProxy>

<proxy proxyaddress="http://172.20.1.1:80" bypassonlocal="true"/>

</defaultProxy>

Then I went with the installation without Runway, and tried the following steps to install Runway afterwards:

Developer > Open "Packages" > "Install Runway"

But it's giving the same error.

Can someone please help me on this? I would really like to learn this fantastic cool tool.

Thanks,

Joydeep

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 12, 2009 @ 15:29
    Peter Dijksterhuis

I suggest you take a look at the http://our.umbraco.org/projects/creative-website-starter-(cws

It's a bit more enhanced than the Runway-package, but it is a very good start. You can download the package and then install it locally.

HTH,

Peter

• Joydeep Gupta 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 07:41
    Joydeep Gupta

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Thanks a lot Peter.

Is there any quick start guide available on how do I start with the Umbraco? I have it installed and deployed on Cassini web server and now I'm going to install the CWS as well. But, what should be the next steps forward?

I’m sorry if this question is too preliminary, but I would really like to explore this tool.

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Thanks,

Joydeep

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft