Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Benjamin SENECHAL 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 28, 2012 @ 11:51
    Benjamin SENECHAL

WebMatrix in local to windows server 2008

HI,

I developed a website with Umbraco in local with WebMatrix. But now, it's finish, and I want to move it in my server, a Windows Server 2008. How do it ? With WPI ? 

Please, help ! Thx

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 28, 2012 @ 19:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Benjamin and welcome to our :)

I must admit that I don't know much about the deploy options one has when using WebMatrix. I know that for some of my hobby projects my hosting provider allows me to use the "web deploy" option. But currently I have no clue about what needs to be setup on the server for it to be working though.

However you should be able to achieve this manually - In the following I'm asuming you're using ce sql as the database. If not please let us know :)

1: Copy the entire Umbraco directoy on to your desired location on your webserver.

2: Create a site in IIS and map it to the folder where you placed your Umbraco project

3: Make sure that network service and iusr has the proper permissions set on the Umbraco root folder and that it's inherited all the way down to the last level

4: Make sure that the application pool is using .net 4 and it's using "network service".

That should be all - hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft