Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Larsi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 28, 2012 @ 15:35
    Larsi

Installing from Azure using Gallery

Hi!

I've created a new umbraco directly from the gallery. 

It opens fine, and at the select connectionstring dialog I paste in the connectionstring I found in the "Connectionstrings" section of the website dashboard.

I press next, and it says database is up to date.

Then I press next, and get presented this error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.presentation.install.steps.Definitions.DefaultUser.Completed() +13 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.installer.InstallerStepCollection.GotoNextStep(String key) +184 umbraco.presentation.install._default.GotoNextStep(String currentStep) +26 umbraco.presentation.install.Helper.RedirectToNextStep(Page page) +56 umbraco.presentation.install.steps.detect.gotoNextStep(Object sender, EventArgs e) +18 System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118 System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113 System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

I've tried several times, but same error appears. Any ideas what's wrong?

Regards

Lars

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 18:42
    Paul Sterling

Hi Lars -

I ran into this recently as well and have done some investigation.  The issue appears to be a db schema mis-match generated by the WebDeploy-based installer.  The workaround (until we release 4.11 where this will be addressed) is to drop the SqlAzure database, create a new SqlAzure database and a new user for the login created by the installer, like this:

CREATE USER umbraco4101 FOR LOGIN umbraco4101;
    GO
    EXEC sp_addrolemember 'db_ddladmin', umbraco4101;
    EXEC sp_addrolemember 'db_securityadmin', umbraco4101;
    EXEC sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader', umbraco4101;
    EXEC sp_addrolemember 'db_datawriter', umbraco4101;
    GO

Make sure to clear the umbracoDbDsn value in web.config, then re-run the installer and provide the SqlAzure connection string in the Advanced Option dialog at the database step.

-Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft