Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 13:31
    Eric Herlitz
    0

    4.9 Installer broken?

    Hi, 

    Installed Umbraco from Web Platform Installer and got this as a result

    Using Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7.5 and so on.

    Any advice 

  • Stefan Kip 1613 posts 4130 karma points c-trib
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 17:42
    Stefan Kip
    0

    Seems like there is an error loading static resources, like CSS, javascript and images.
    Could you visit '/umbraco_client/installer/css/all.css' and post a screenshot of the error message here?

  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Oct 06, 2012 @ 18:25
    Eric Herlitz
    0

    Did fix, was the rights that needed to be set

  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Oct 08, 2012 @ 17:39
    Thomas Kahn
    0

    We did an upgrade from 4.7.1 to 4.9 and we get the exact same screen as above.

    We've checked the permissions and they are fine. 

    Could it be something we've overlooked?

    /Thomas

  • Stefan Kip 1613 posts 4130 karma points c-trib
    Oct 08, 2012 @ 17:49
    Stefan Kip
    0

    @Thomas

    Like I've said earlier: visit '/umbraco_client/installer/css/all.css' and post a screenshot of the error message here. 

  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Oct 08, 2012 @ 18:46
    Eric Herlitz
    0

    Thomas, some of the files may have bad permissions. 

    You can ensure that it is correct by replace all child object permissions from the root of the umbraco site.

  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Oct 09, 2012 @ 08:59
    Thomas Kahn
    0

    It doesn't seem to be a permission problem. The user that runs the application pool for the site is NETWORK SERVICE and it has full permissions in all the folders it should have permissions in. Just to make sure I replaced the permission on the folder umbraco_client and all it's descendant files and folders. The error still persists.

    The error I get is 500 - Internal Server Error which indcates that there's something other than the permissions that is causing this error. Here's a screen capture of what I get if I enter the URL "/umbraco_client/installer/css/all.css":

    As you can see it's not much to go on. I'll see if I can get something a bit more verbose by turning on error messages in web.config...

  • Stefan Kip 1613 posts 4130 karma points c-trib
    Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:19
    Stefan Kip
    0

    You should try this:
    In IIS go to: Error Pages -> Edit Feature Settings (in the right Tasks pane) -> "Detailed Errors".

    This should give you the error message we're looking for.

  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:37
    Thomas Kahn
    0

    It still returns the same error page that I've posted earlier in this thread.

    Could this have something to do with the ASP.NET Security Vulnerability Patch? Since this is an attempt to upgrade from 4.7.1 to 4.9 this patch may have been installed on the old web and now it's causing problems in the updated web?

    /Thomas

  • Stefan Kip 1613 posts 4130 karma points c-trib
    Oct 09, 2012 @ 09:45
    Stefan Kip
    0

    I don't know, although I think it isn't related.

    The only solution is to find out what the error exactly is. You can always view the error in the Event Viewer under Applications. Please try to hunt down the error message and post it here :-)

  • Eric Herlitz 97 posts 129 karma points
    Oct 09, 2012 @ 10:24
    Eric Herlitz
    0

    Exactly, what does the Event Viewer say and have you tried to install Elmah to read the errors?

  • Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Oct 11, 2012 @ 15:03
    Johan
    0

    I have the same problem as Thomas. I have looked in the event viewer but can't find anything related to the site. I have tried upgrading 4.7.1 -> 4.8.1 -> 4.9.0 but the same happens. Should i really have to install Elmah for this?

  • Thomas Kahn 602 posts 506 karma points
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 14:21
    Thomas Kahn
    1

    Hi!

    I've fixed the error with the CSS and image files that didn't load after the upgrade to 4.9.0.

    What happened was that there was an internal error on the server (IIS7).
    This error was caused by the mime-types in web.config. Here's the explanation:

    When you have a mime-type configured in IIS7 at server level, and you have the same mime-type
    configured at site level (web.config), the message "The page cannot be displayed because an internal
    server error has occurred." is showed in the browser, when you try to access resources from the website.

    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/517051/the-page-cannot-be-displayed-because-an-internal-server-error-has-occurred

    So the internal server error is caused by the conflicting mime-types. In my case I had already defined mime-types for .woff, .otf and .ttf font files on my machine and in Umbracos web.config they are added (again). 

    To fix this remove or comment out the following part in Umbraco's web.config:

        <!-- Adobe AIR mime type -->
        <staticContent>
          <remove fileExtension=".air" />
          <mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" />
          <mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />
          <mimeMap fileExtension=".otf" mimeType="application/x-opentype" />
          <mimeMap fileExtension=".ttf" mimeType="application/x-truetype" />
        </staticContent>

    After this everything loaded just like it should!

    /Thomas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft