Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dr. Sugus 26 posts 101 karma points
    Oct 16, 2012 @ 09:31
    Dr. Sugus

"ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version" when upgrading 4.7.2 to 4.9

Hi all

I just tried to upgrade a 4.7.2 installation to 4.9 - I got 4.9 running on the database 4.7.2 was running on and went through the /install/ wizard. Site works fine, backend loads up, but when I click a node in the content tree, I get:

[ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '8c27a62a-c801-4cac-b3b7-e25d90a0b690']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.setupNode() +736
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document..ctor(Int32 id) +19
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.updateLinks() +563
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +3190
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +133
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1970

I get this error for every node, but only in the content tree. Do any of you have any idea of what the source or solution to this problem might be? I reverted to 4.7.2 now and I still get the same error; so I'm guessing the 4.9 install wizard deleted/update an entry in the database that holds a version number along with its guid; but this is just a wild beginner's guess :)

Thanks for your time folks!

• Dr. Sugus 26 posts 101 karma points
    Oct 16, 2012 @ 09:53
    Dr. Sugus

Figured it out - I found a db table 'cmsContentVersion', in which the installer put a new version of the content nodes (I guess), but probably didn't update other related tables with corresponding version data for some reason.

So the fix was to delete the new version from cmsContentVersion. I used the following query:

delete from cmsContentVersion where id = 'xxx' and ContentId = 'xxxx'

- just in case anyone stumbles upon the same problem.

Have a great day :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft