Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Vingaard 39 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 18, 2012 @ 11:05
    Martin Vingaard

Access to the path 'App_Data\ClientDependency' is denied 4.9

Hi there i have been struggeling with this error for a cupple of days now and i am not able to fix it.
    Please note that I am not personally hosting this and do not have access to the IIS 7 at my host.

I've tried to install Umbraco 4.9 using WebMatrix and using a simple FTP transfer.
    I can never get passed the Access denied when i load the page.
    I have installed 4.9 locally and run on localhost without any issues.

I have been unable to find a fix online.
    Does anyone have any suggestion since I'm at rock bottom now.

I would apriciate any help.

The Error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path 'D:\hshome\xxxx\yyy.com\App_Data\ClientDependency\wswb11-b8551e0c1973e8d2f55b1ecdbb10e948-map.xml' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\hshome\xxx\yyy.com\App_Data\ClientDependency\wswb11-b8551e0c1973e8d2f55b1ecdbb10e948-map.xml' is denied. 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. 

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\hshome\xxx\yyy.com\App_Data\ClientDependency\wswb11-b8551e0c1973e8d2f55b1ecdbb10e948-map.xml' is denied.]

System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9726046

System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) +1142

System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +83

System.Xml.XmlWriterSettings.CreateWriter(String outputFileName) +142

System.Xml.XmlWriter.Create(String outputFileName, XmlWriterSettings settings) +23

System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Save(String fileName, SaveOptions options) +135

ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.Providers.XmlFileMapper.CreateNewXmlFile() +285

ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.Providers.XmlFileMapper.EnsureXmlFile() +123

ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.Providers.XmlFileMapper.Initialize(HttpContextBase http) +145

ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.LoadDefaultFileMapConfig(ClientDependencySection section, HttpContextBase http) +116

ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.LoadProviders(HttpContextBase http) +440

ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.<.ctor>b__0() +61

ClientDependency.Core.Config.ClientDependencySettings.get_Instance() +103

ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule.LoadFilterTypes() +37

ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication app) +79

System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +431

System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +194

System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +339

System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +253

[HttpException (0x80004005): Access to the path 'D:\hshome\xxx\yyy.com\App_Data\ClientDependency\wswb11-b8551e0c1973e8d2f55b1ecdbb10e948-map.xml' is denied.]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8950644

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• Martin Vingaard 39 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 18, 2012 @ 13:37
    Martin Vingaard

I solved it

The issue was that the domain that my work PC is connected to caused some accessrules on some of the Umbraco folders. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft