Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Oct 21, 2012 @ 07:54
    Terry Clancy

Getting error "Your permission settings are not ready for umbraco!"

I  am installing Umbraco 4.9.0 on a Windows 8 domain connected computer and go the following error Screen Shot >>>> Step 3/5: Validating File Permissionsumbraco needs write/modify access to certain directories in order to store files like pictures and PDF's. It also stores temporary data (aka: cache) for enhancing the performance of your website. Your permission settings are not ready for umbraco!In order to run umbraco, you'll need to update your permission settings. How to ResolveWatch our video tutorial on setting up folder permissions for umbraco or read the text version. Watch: Setting up folder permissions Affected files and folders You need to grant ASP.NET modify permissions to the following files/folders: Directory: ./~/macroScriptsDirectory: ./~/usercontrolsDirectory: ~/binDirectory: ~/usercontrols More information on setting up permissions for umbraco here.View Permission Error Details: <<<< End Screen Shot I have set folder permissions as detailed at   http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to resolve this please ?? Terry Clancy

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 13:11
    Mark Bennett

Terry,

As the error says you need to allow the process running the umbraco install (ASP.Net user) permissions to read/ write to the root umbraco directory. The user is probably going to be the IIS Application pool user so will be something like IISAPPPOOL/'Application Pool Name' - obviously substitute in your application pool name depending on what you have called it.

Cheers,

Mark.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft