Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• maanehunden 61 posts 105 karma points
    Oct 27, 2012 @ 13:54
    maanehunden

mysql deploy, strange error

Hi fellow developers

I am having a strange error. I am trying to deploy a website to UnoEuro.com webhotel. The site works perfectly on my local mashine, where i use latest Webmatrix and PHPmyAdmin(3.5.3 ) with an MySQL(5.5.28) server.

When i depoly my database to the server running the same version Mysq and phpmyAdmin, i receive following error message.

Table '[dbname].UMBRACODOMAINS' doesn't exist

I've checked the database 'UMBRACODOMAINS' exists, but then I've notised a peculiar thing, the table name was in lower case. 

So i roled back and installed a fresh Umbraco on to the site. To my suprize all table manes in the new databese had an uppercase double, holding the same data. 

I have no immediat solution for this,.. Any sugestions ?

• maanehunden 61 posts 105 karma points
    Oct 27, 2012 @ 20:24
    maanehunden

ahhh,.. at last light at the end of the tunnel.. i've been on the subject for some days now,.. but now i've got it ,.. the problem is that when i've installed the database om my windows mashine the default settings on mySQL somehow created all the tabels with lowecase letters.. 

So now i have to change all the table names to uppercase letters,.. UnoEuro mySql is moust propably running on unix,.. wich by default creates tables with uppercase lettes,.. 

Still strange thou why, that umbraco works on my local windows mashine,.. 

well.. it's like beaing back in the 90th,..   

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft