Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Boyd 10 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 29, 2012 @ 16:08
    Thomas Boyd

Installing Umbraco on a shared host

Hi all,

I'm setting up a clean install of umbraco on a shared host (1and1) which states they use 'partial trust' security settings (http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/asp_net/2.html). As such I'm getting no CSS in the config wizard pages.

I'm currently facing an error with CSS files not being loaded (through the dependancy handler). Investigating further I noticed that when I try and click on a CSS link I get the following error message:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

I've tried setting the 'umbracoUseMediumTrust' app setting to true with no luck.

I wonder if anybody can help me with this?

Thank you

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 30, 2012 @ 12:51
    Craig100

I've just moved a couple of sites to shared hosting on eHosting. Using their online file system browser, I had to set the iWAM user permissions to full on web.config and the directories listed here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions as well as select the correct .NET version, upload the database and set the DB connection string in web.config.  You'll note that the CSS folder is one of the directories in the permissions list.

Hope this helps.

Craig

• Thomas Boyd 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 08, 2012 @ 12:04
    Thomas Boyd

Thanks for your reply Craig.

I've actually decided to start looking for hosting that can offer full permission as there are Umbraco packages I wish to use that require this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft