Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2012 @ 21:11
    Craig100

Media hang on upgrade from 4.7.2 to 4.9.1

Hi,

I've just completed upgrading a site with many graphic uploads that uses DAMP and ImageGen from V7.4.2 to V4.9.1. I think it's all ok exept for one thing. In the Media section if I click on any node at all, I just get a spinner, no images whatsoever. The main reason for the upgrade was to improve image handling.

Would anyone know what might be wrong here?

Thanks

Craig

• tres cojones 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 13:49
    tres cojones

same issue here: also upgraded from 4.7.2 to 4.9.1 without any issues besides this one.
    on all media folder pages the spinner would just keep spinning infinitely without ever showing its contents.
    i pasted a screenshot of the effect below. any ideas anyone?

thx,
    peter

• Matt Barlow | jacker.io 164 posts 740 karma points c-trib
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 20:23
    Matt Barlow | jacker.io

Has this been resolved?, I have something similar, my site is fine locally but the version live I can't access any files in the media folder (except throudh imagegen). Directly linking to the file gives a 302 message, and redirects to my home page.

Nov 05, 2012 @ 11:40
    tres cojones

Nothing new so far...

BTW: Accessing the media files is not a problem in my scenario (and supposedly in craigs):
    Linking the files is OK, and directly clicking on the files/images in the media section also does what it should do: displaying image and properties tab.
    But when clicking on a folder (including the root of the Media tree), the contained images just don't get displayed.

Nov 05, 2012 @ 12:05
    tres cojones

OK - got it solved:

Deleting App_global.asax.dll from the /bin folder does the trick.

When examining the error cause i stumbled upon the stack trace pasted below. Searching the forum for any clues i found the solution in post 4.9 images/media broke? - thx Albert

Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'App_global.asax, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.Global' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4679.40364, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) +957
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) +156
       umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.restExtension..ctor(String extensionAlias, String methodName) +602
       umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.requestModule.httpApp_PostAcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) +879
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft