Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Oct 30, 2012 @ 14:53
    Shaun

Lots of object reference not set errors.

Hi.

This is for a site that has been running uneventfully for a while. Today when I try to access it I get Object reference not set errors on every page (apart from on a .net diagnostic page in a folder umbraco doesn't run).

The only page I can see is the login, which has lost all of its css.

When I try to login the page refreshes, giving no error messages of any kind, and failing to log me in.

I have changed the connectionstring and when I do so I get "network service" error messages, so I think the connectionstring is correct.

here's my error.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.requestHandler..ctor(XmlDocument umbracoContent, String url) +1175
       umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1062
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +9010534
       System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +328

Where should I look first?

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Oct 31, 2012 @ 18:01
    Mark Bennett

Shaun,

So the site was running fine and nothing has happened and now it is broke? Sounds like something a user would tell you. Personally if it's all been wonderful and fine i'd be looking to see what has changed to balls it up.

Someone changed the user IIS is running under or something?

Mark.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft