Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    Aug 18, 2009 @ 14:58
    Garry Bain

Installing/Migration issue

Hi everyone,

I had Umbraco version 4 up and running on IIS5 (on my desktop) but now I am migrating to a hosting company. I have ftp'd all of my files and change my web.config appropriately.

Initally I got an "Internal server error" which I found was related to ASP3.5 and integrated pipeline mode, but I stumbled upon

http://www.codeplex.com/umbraco/SourceControl/changeset/view/46604#687601

And subsequently the error disappeared - but now Umbraco is goin to the installation URL when I don't need it to - as I am migrating, not installing a new "version" of umbraco.

It now attempts to take me to:

http://mydomain.com/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/

And I get a "The resource cannot be found." message as the installaton folder doesn't exst (and shouldn't need to)

Any help would be fantastic, Garry.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 18, 2009 @ 15:07
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Check your web.config file. Is the version-number filled in? If it is empty or doesn't match the number from the dll's, it automatically fires up the installation-wizard.

So, make sure that number is filled in correctly.

HTH,

Peter

Aug 18, 2009 @ 15:34
    Garry Bain

Hi Peter,

I noticed that there are many instances of the "version=" code so I changed them all to 1.0.61025.0 (what was contained in my initial web.config file) however, the web.config that I got from the link above, has lots of additional lines so I'm getting a bit confused. I am now getting this error message:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 105:      <assemblies>
    Line 106: <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
    Line 107: <add assembly="System.Core, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    Line 108: <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    Line 109: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    Aug 18, 2009 @ 15:39
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi Garry,

I think I should have been a bit clearer about the version. I was referring to the version of umbraco, not other dll's.

The version of umbraco is automatically filled in the web.config after you complete the wizard. That's in this line (and only that line):

add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value=""

So, check the web.config of your local install and see which number is entered in that line. The same line should also be present on your host.

Sorry for the confusion!

Peter

Aug 18, 2009 @ 15:54
    Garry Bain

I did that but now I'm getting the vague message of "Error 404 Page not found" - I'll have a little play around and see if I get anywhere and I'll keep you posted with whats going on, unless you have any idea yourself!

Aug 18, 2009 @ 15:56
    Garry Bain

I did a "site preview" with plesk and go this error - if this helps:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Aug 18, 2009 @ 16:02
    Garry Bain

Ah, problem solved!

As silly as it sounds - the hosting company didn't have asp.net turned on by default and I had to do it myself...doh!

Thanks for the help anyway you solved it first time!

Cheers, Garry.

Aug 18, 2009 @ 16:08
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Glad you nailed it :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft