Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:24
    Jay

Multiple instances of websites under one installation of Umbraco

Hello, I am a new to the world of Umbraco.
    I just have a few questions is it possible to have multiple websites under one instance of Umbraco?
    For example I would like to to have two websites www.domain.com and www.subdomain.domain.com
    I would like everything inherited from www.domain.com inherited to  www.subdomain.domain.com.
    The only thing different between the sites is the content and the styling.
    The current problem I have is that I have these two installed seperately and the development of each website get out of sync very quickly.

So the quick question is, is it possible to have "multiple websites" under one installation of Umbraco? And what is the best way to achieve this?

Many thanks

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 13:28
    Mark Bennett

Jay,

Yes it is possible to have multiple websites under a single installation.

Mark. 

Nov 13, 2012 @ 15:43
    Jay

Could you still have a seperate css stylesheet on the subdomain.domain.com page?

Nov 13, 2012 @ 16:02
    Mark Bennett

Jay,

You can have seperate whatever you want but you can also combine if you want. Lots of different ways to configure Umbraco so really depends how you want to do it. The following two websites are served from the same umbraco instance Corefit UK and Wyndley Badminton League 

Best bet is to get Umbraco set up in a development environment and have a play around. It takes a while to get your head around it but once you do you realise it's a very versatile framework (which may scare some off).

Mark.

Nov 13, 2012 @ 16:24
    Jay

Thank you Mark for giving such helpful advice.

Much appreciated.

Jay.

Nov 13, 2012 @ 17:01
    Mark Bennett

Jay,

No worries - am sure we'll see you back on the forum when you've had a bit of a mooch around Umbraco yourself ;)

Can you also mark the thread as answered.

Mark.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft