Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 142 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 19, 2009 @ 20:15
    Andrew

CodeEditor asmx sudden datetime error

Hi All

We have a website running through hostinguk.net which has been running fine for over a year. Suddenly (i.e. they have done something on their servers!) we are getting errors. What alerted me to the problem is the imagerswitcher xslt is suddenly not being parsed correctly (see http://www.cyclehighlandperthshire.com). When I went into the backend to try and remdy the situation, I noticed that all the codeeditor pages could not save - i.e css/templates etc. The error reported through firebug is stated below:

POST http://www.cyclehighlandperthshire.com/umbraco/webservices/codeEditorSave.asmx/SaveTemplate
    "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."
    " at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode()\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getAll()\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.initTemplateAliases()\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.set_Alias(String value)\r\n at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveTemplate(String templateName, String templateAlias, String templateContents, Int32 templateID, Int32 masterTemplateID)"

In order for me to approach houstinguk, i need to have an definitive idea what they have done, other than asking if they have changed their datetime format. Any ideas from anyone what could have gone wrong - if they are to blame at all!

This is a 3.05 installation if I am not mistaken

Would Really appreciate any assistance here

Thanks

Andrew

• Andrew 142 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 20, 2009 @ 07:58
    Andrew

and suddenly it is working! - they must have been fiddling on their side!

p.s.the bold on the help request above was unintentional

Cheers

Andrew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft