Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten 20 posts 61 karma points
    Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:58
    Morten

after update from 4.9.* to 4.10.1 user can not be edited

So, when i try to access a user i simply get a 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

error, any ideas what i missed?

Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:59
    Morten

Stacktrace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

umbraco.cms.presentation.user.EditUser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +819

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91

umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

• Lars Mortensen 90 posts 98 karma points
    Nov 16, 2012 @ 15:33
    Lars Mortensen

Hi

Have similar problem, after upgrading. Do your frontend work? - Mine don't

Regards Lars

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Nov 22, 2012 @ 19:41
    Arie

Can you verify that "System.Web.Mvc.dll" is in the bin-folder?

Nov 23, 2012 @ 13:51
    Morten

Yes it is there, problem still there.

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Nov 23, 2012 @ 18:42
    Corey Sherman

I, too, am having similar issues after updating, and I'm also having frontend troubles.  I went from 4.9.1 to 4.11.0, and now the site is toast.. 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.UmbracoDefault.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +335

Anyone else having this issue as well?  Maybe they're related?

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Nov 23, 2012 @ 19:20
    Corey Sherman

Ok, fixed my own problem. 

First off, there are some new entries in the Web.config that need to be copied over.  I should have tracked them so I could share, but I neglected to do so...  If you pop up your current Web.config and the new Web.config in WinMerge, it won't take long to sort out the differences. Once I got through adding in all the references, I got a new error:

"The current httpContext can only be set once during a request." 

This, come to find out, is because there is also a reference that needs to be removed from the Web.config.  You will need to remove all references to 'umbracoRequestModule'.  As long as you got all the new stuff from 4.10.x/4.11.x, you should be back up and running.

Dec 05, 2012 @ 14:47
    Morten

So I started out with checking every file in winmerge agian, seening no diffenceres, i manualy updated every file from a full buildt and did the same whit every package installed, deletede the umbraco.config fil and now the problem seemse to have vansied....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft