Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luyolo Mgodi 71 posts 120 karma points
    Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:29
    Luyolo Mgodi

4.10.0 Upgrade

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my site from 4.7.1 to 4.10.0.

I've done the usual, merged the config file and replaced the umbraco files.

I am now getting this error:

Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it."

Ive tried everything but I am not getting any joy. What could be the problem.

Please help!!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 17, 2012 @ 03:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luyolo

Have you tried upgrading from 4.7.1 to 4.10.0 directly or have you upgraded using the different paths? (from 4.7.1 to 4.8 etc. etc.) ?

Could you give us some more details about your installation? What are the server specs and what packages are you using?

And where do you see this error? Is this in the backoffice or on the website? And is it when using Razor based macroes or XSLT? What .NET version is being used on the server?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Luyolo Mgodi 71 posts 120 karma points
    Nov 19, 2012 @ 08:35
    Luyolo Mgodi

Hi Jan,
    I am trying to upgrade from 4.7.1 to  directly 4.10.0. What I did  is:

1. I merged my web.config files
    2. Replaced the Umbraco folder in my project
    3. Replace the dlls

I am using XSLT Macros on a .Net version 4.0
    This error pops out when I try to run my project using Visual Studio 2010. Not on the back office, on the site

Luyolo 

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 19, 2012 @ 10:50
    Stephen

Can you provide us with a more detailed stacktrace for that error (copy of the yellow screen...)?

This is usually caused by some code running too soon in the pipeline ie before Umbraco has fully initialized... do you have some additional http module installed, for example?

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 02:00
    Chris Mahoney

EDIT: I had a thought right after I posted and I've managed to fix it; the permissions weren't set up correctly but instead of the usual "access denied" I was getting this "Current not initialised" error. All working at my end now, but here's my original post for reference:

Apologies for cross-posting but I saw another thread first (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/36263-Site-error-Current-has-not-been-initialized-You-must-initialize-Current-before-trying-to-read-it) but this one seems to be progressing a bit more.

Anyway, I'm getting the same error with a fresh install of 4.10 on IIS 6 (Win 2003), however I'm not having the issue on my Win 7 machine. The issue occurs whether accessing the site or the back office. I've installed XSLTsearch and CMSImport but that's it. Here's the YSOD:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1.get_Current() +179
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +226
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.b__6(Object sender, EventArgs e) +125
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

• Arno L. Kristiansen 43 posts 63 karma points
    Apr 25, 2013 @ 08:43
    Arno L. Kristiansen

I have same problem ... was there a solution for the problem  ???

Apr 26, 2013 @ 10:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Arno

Same version of Umbraco? Please provide a bit more detail such as if it's a clean installation or you have been upgrading from version x to y etc. - Then it will be easier to figure out if it is in fact the same issue or if just seems like it's the same issue :)

/Jan

Apr 29, 2013 @ 08:39
    Arno L. Kristiansen

Hi Jan

I have done an upgrade from Umbraco 4.5.2 to 4.11.3..

Im using Surftown.dk as provider, but as I can see out of the logfiles and stackflows there is a problem when umbraco wants to write into the folder \app_data\clientDependency\wsw32-and a lot of numbers.xml... this give a writing error...

I have made the upgrade by following the steps in the guide : http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/version-specific

I have after a lot off frustration deleteed all files and copy a total clean 4.11.3 into the site, but I still get the same error..

NB ! I have changed the framework to 4.0

/arno

May 09, 2013 @ 11:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Arno

Sorry for the late reply - had a crazy week. If you have not already found a fix for this then I'll say...

So perhaps the upgrade has been done with succes - I suspect you need to reset permissions for the network service and iusr but I don't know if you can do that yourself from a dashboard at surftown or if you need to get in touch with support to do it perhaps?

This is the first thing I want to check.

/Jan

May 13, 2013 @ 08:09
    Arno L. Kristiansen

Hi Jan

I have had no success with upgrading my site... and true its the permissions for networks services that is the problem..

Surftown me provider gave me the access to make changes for my access rights for networks services but it didn't help me...

So I will wait with my opgrade ... and live with my 4.5.2. version for a little bit yt..

/arno

May 16, 2013 @ 20:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Arno

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for posting the information - Remember that you also need to set proper permissions for the IUSR as well though.

/Jan

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 10, 2013 @ 10:52
    CASTELLI

Hi,

I had the same issue copying a working version of Umbraco 6.1.1 (and database) to another machine.

I solved it by setting the permissions to the whole root folder and subdirectories for ASPNET and IUSR and network services in that order.
    I cannot tell which one made it worked by it made the error disappear and the ran fine.

Hope it helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft