Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ANDRE 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 20, 2009 @ 00:39
    ANDRE

IS UMBRACO RIGHT FOR MY CLIENT?

Hi all,

I created a website for a client of mine, who loved using Frontpage. I used Website Baker for it, and as simple as WB could be, she is unable to edit her pages properly. Plus WB has this quicky thing that if you copy/paste from Word, let's say, it will enter a million unecessary html tags (just like Frontpage does in fact).

The site is here: http://www.alicevphd.com

Searching for an easier solution for her, I stumbled unto Umbraco. Those using it, do you think that she would find this program simpler for her to use? We're talking having the ability to directly edit on the page itself and save. Straightforward "admin" section.

Thank you!

Andre

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Aug 20, 2009 @ 08:11
    Roel Snetselaar

You should always provide some kind of training for your client so they understand how to use the product. Have a look at this manual for example: http://www.orcare.com/products/umbraco-guide.aspx

Personally I think the backoffice of Umbraco is really straight forward, but obviously it depends on a persons background and experience using web cms'

What do you mean by "directly edit on the page itself"? Umbraco does provide some inline/frontend editing, it's called 'Canvas' but it does come with a couple of limitations. Not every datatype which you can put on your document types is properly editable through Canvas.

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Aug 20, 2009 @ 08:21
    anthony hall

just looked at your site, it should be fairly straight forward to implement. Umbraco lets you add and remove features to your wysiwyg. ie bold italics underline & copy from word.

developer > datatypes > richtext editor

From experience if your user base is not so computer literal it's better to limit the amount of wysiwyg to what you can get away with. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft