Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 15:34
    Greg Fyans

4.11 w. SQL CE DB - Scripting language option dropdown is empty

Hi,

I've installed 4.11 with a SQL CE database and all is well except when I try to add a new scripting file.

My "Select language" dropdown is empty, meaning I can't create any scripting files from within Umbraco.

Any ideas how or why this has happened and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
    Greg

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 16:50
    Stephen Davidson

Have you checked that the NETWORK SERVICE user has full access to the script folder?

S

Nov 28, 2012 @ 16:54
    Greg Fyans

It didn't but it does now and the problem persists.

I normally don't use SQL CE, I'm only using it because the client doesn't have SQL Server available, could it be something to do with that?

Greg.

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 17:02
    Stephen Davidson

never used SQL CE myself, can you view tables etc although I'm not even sure the drop down info comes from the DB?

S

Nov 29, 2012 @ 17:42
    Greg Fyans

I had a dig around the source and that list is populated based on types that implement IMacroEngine (there is a TypeFinder helper method that finds and returns a list of a specific type).

If this fails it logs into the error log, but I can't see anything in there regarding MacroEngines.

The Macro Engines are compiled into umbraco.MacroEngines.dll which I have in my /bin folder, so although I know where they're coming from, I'm still not sure why the list isn't being populated.

Greg

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft