Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 00:48
    John Hodgkinson

sub apps in 4.11.1?

any idea how to include virtual applications without inheriting all the root dependencies…? You used to be able to wrap the location tag (like below) around the <system.web> <system.webserver> and < system.web.webpages.razor> tags (http://salin.org/posts/27/integrating-umbraco-and-aspnet-mvc)

<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">

But now I’m guessing since umbraco itself is using MVC, this no longer works and when I attempt to access umbraco, a 500 error occurs, although the website works and the sub app works…

Any idea how all apps can co-exist and play nice? Many thanks!

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 08:19
    Stephen

Any chance you can create a more detailed error report (YSOD, stack trace...)?

Nov 29, 2012 @ 14:36
    John Hodgkinson

Stephen - below is a snapshot from the detailed tracing log...

Nov 29, 2012 @ 14:41
    John Hodgkinson

Stephen - I believe I may have found the problem. there was a web.config in the umbraco subdirectory, which when removed appears to have cleared up the problem. have to do some more testing but will post if this was indeed the issue.  

Nov 29, 2012 @ 15:00
    John Hodgkinson

Stephen - the web.config in the /umbraco directory was the problem. thank goodness - moving forward... :)

Nov 29, 2012 @ 15:19
    John Hodgkinson

although the CMS now load, I'm getting the following potentialy dangerous script error:

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$prop_bodyText="<p><strong>The North...").

Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. To allow pages to override application request validation settings, set the requestValidationMode attribute in the httpRuntime configuration section to requestValidationMode="2.0". Example: <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" />. After setting this value, you can then disable request validation by setting validateRequest="false" in the Page directive or in the <pages> configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=153133.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$prop_bodyText="<p><strong>The North...").

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$prop_bodyText="<p><strong>The North...").]
       System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +11481412
       System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +82
       System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +212
       System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +11484148
       System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +141
       System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +100
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11436514
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11436030
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +269
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +167
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272            

Nov 29, 2012 @ 15:23
    John Hodgkinson

nevermind. i did not have the  <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" /> in the main web.config. that's what I had in the umbraco web.config for security purposes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft