Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 16:10
    Jason

Issue using SiteMinder Web Agent with umbraco.

• Umbraco Version 4.7.2
    • asp.net version 4.0
    • Windows and iis version 7.5
    • Stacktrace
    • A detailed description

I have a SiteMinder web agent (Version 12.5) setup and it's protecting pages correctly on IIS 7.5.  I have configured the SiteMinder agent to use IIS 7.5 integrated piping as specified in the (CA SiteMinder Web Agent Installation Guide for IIS r12.0 SP3).  However after successfully logging in to the umbraco CMS the page failes to load umbraco.aspx with the below error.  I'm using umbraco version 4.7.2 with a SQL Server 2008 back end.

I'm still pretty new to umbraco so please be detailed with instructions for solutions.

Any guidance/workaround would be appreciated.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The WebResource.axd handler must be registered in the configuration to process this request.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <httpHandlers>
               <add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="True" />
           </httpHandlers>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The WebResource.axd handler must be registered in the configuration to process this request.

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <httpHandlers>
               <add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="True" />
           </httpHandlers>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Source Error: 

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\32b2bd60\4b60d78a\App_Web_umbraco.aspx.5f2dec3.7gtmzwza.0.cs    Line: 0 

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The WebResource.axd handler must be registered in the configuration to process this request.

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <httpHandlers>
            </httpHandlers>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>]
       System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.GetWebResourceUrlInternal(Assembly assembly, String resourceName, Boolean htmlEncoded, Boolean forSubstitution, IScriptManager scriptManager) +4179118
       System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.GetWebResourceUrl(Type type, String resourceName, Boolean htmlEncoded, IScriptManager scriptManager) +956
       System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.RenderWebFormsScript(HtmlTextWriter writer) +257
       System.Web.UI.Page.RenderWebFormsScript(HtmlTextWriter writer) +86
       System.Web.UI.Page.BeginFormRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, String formUniqueID) +1847
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +95
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +11420914
       ASP.umbraco_umbraco_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\32b2bd60\4b60d78a\App_Web_umbraco.aspx.5f2dec3.7gtmzwza.0.cs:0
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
       System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5290

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 15:54
    bob baty-barr

Jason, did you get anywhere with this? we are currently setting up siteminder on a site and umbraco is not able to load jquery, etc. when siteminder is turned on.

let me know how you proceeded.

Feb 01, 2013 @ 19:32
    Jason

Due to time constraints on that project I never did find a solution.  I ended up just ripping out all of the content out of umbraco and finished the project as a stand alone asp.net site (without a CMS).  Most of the conversion was pretty easy considering the site in umbraco is mostly masterpages and ascx controls.

However I was shocked and disappointed that I still have not received a reply for this issue.  While I generally like simplicity of the Umbraco CMS it's inability to work with SiteMinder is a deal breaker.  In the future I'm going to be looking at DotNetNuke as a potental solution.

Please post back here and let me know what you end up doing as a solution.

Good luck,

Feb 06, 2013 @ 21:40
    bob baty-barr

Jason, i think we are making some serious headway with an umbraco install integrated with Siteminder webAgent. did some proof of concept stuff today. I will report back on what we did when we are all happy. Just for reference this is umbraco 4.11.4 we are using.

Mar 14, 2013 @ 00:02
    Jason

Bob, were you able to get this working?  If so please provide details.  Thanks.

Mar 14, 2013 @ 03:03
    bob baty-barr

Jason... we have been successful in integrating... i will try to put some docs together over the weekend. It involved some server tweaks and mostly web.config stuff. We are also using a jarkarta re-direct in conjunction with siteminder.

stay tuned.

Apr 04, 2013 @ 03:04
    Jason

Bob, following up... did you have time to get that documentation together?

• Pete 152 posts 176 karma points
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 16:53
    Pete

Bump... 

Any further info on this? I need to decide on a CMS shortly and SiteMinder integration is critical. 

Sep 06, 2013 @ 18:37
    bob baty-barr

@Pete... we do have it up and running on two sites. Some of the config involves the siteminder setup/config and some simple tweaks to the umbraco web.config. Things are crazy busy for me lately, but i will TRY to put up what i know.

Sep 06, 2013 @ 18:44
    bob baty-barr

So, here are the updates we have in the web.config in the modules section:

<add name="CASiteMinderWebagentModule" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness64" />
    <add name="CASiteMinderWebagentModule-32" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness32" />

in the handlers section:

<add name="handler-wa-32" path="*" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="D:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win32\bin\ISAPI6WebAgent.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" preCondition="classicMode,bitness32" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-fcc-32" path="*.fcc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule-32" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness32" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-ntc-32" path="*.ntc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule-32" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness32" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-ccc-32" path="*.ccc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule-32" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness32" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-scc-32" path="*.scc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule-32" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness32" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-kcc-32" path="*.kcc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule-32" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness32" />
          <add name="handler-wa" path="*" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="D:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64\bin\ISAPI6WebAgent.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" preCondition="classicMode,bitness64" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-fcc" path="*.fcc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness64" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-ntc" path="*.ntc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness64" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-ccc" path="*.ccc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness64" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-scc" path="*.scc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness64" />
          <add name="CASiteMinderWebAgentHandler-kcc" path="*.kcc" verb="*" modules="CASiteMinderWebagentModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode,bitness64" />

New Section:

<isapiFilters>
          <filter name="SiteMinder Agent" path="D:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win64\bin\ISAPI6WebAgent.dll" enabled="true" preCondition="classicMode,bitness64" />
          <filter name="SiteMinder Agent-32" path="D:\Program Files\CA\webagent\win32\bin\ISAPI6WebAgent.dll" enabled="true" preCondition="classicMode,bitness32" />
          <filter name="JakartaRedirector" path="D:\PensionFundJakarta\bin\isapi_redirector.dll" preCondition="bitness64" />
        </isapiFilters>

think that is pretty much it. In your IIS setup, you may need to mess around with the order of your isapi filters, etc. -- HOPE this helps.

• Pete 152 posts 176 karma points
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 19:45
    Pete

That's great thanks, bob!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft