Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Behrens 53 posts 77 karma points
    Dec 09, 2012 @ 22:45
    Jon Behrens

Umbraco 4.11 Cannot browse web site

Hello

I cannot get 4.11 to show the web site. I get a 404 error.

I've tried this on two different 2008 servers and IIS Express on a workstation. Always the same behavior.

MY last attempt, I installed on IIS Express on my workstation (Win 7, IIS Express 7.5) Did a manual install, unblocked the zip file and extracted to a local directory. Created a new clean database in SqlExpress 2008R2, Created a virtual directory in IIS and pointed it at where I extracted the files. Converted it to an application using 4.0 Integrated. Navigate to the site in a browser. Went through the install screens. Installed the Simple Website starter kit and chose one of the default skins. Went to the site setup page and confirmed that I had a Content node and Simple Website in the tree. Published the site and all its nodes.

When I click on the Link to document in the backend (which indicates the URL I would expect to see), it throws a 404 error. The error is

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://daddy/Crimson411/'.

So the error is in Umbraco, not in the web server configuration.

I have made no edits to any of the config files - this is straight out of the box. This started as a rewrite of a successful site in Umbraco 4.5.2 because I wanted to take advantage of some of Umbraco's new features. Going from 4.5 to 4.7 worked fine, going to 4.9 also worked, albeit with some problems. 4.10 and 4.11 have completely failed. I cannot get them to work.

Stephen in this thread http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/36775-Update-to-4101-Site-dies?p=2#comment132957 has been most gracious trying to help, but so far nothing works. As I mentioned above, I've tried the clean install on three different machines and three different database servers - several times on each - very frustrating.

Jon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft