Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 10:58
    Lou

Database configuration is invalid

I have been using Umbraco for over 12 months, I have mad over 50 installations and numerous upgrades.  For some reason I can't get it to upgrade to 4.11.1 or can I get it to install 6 in both cases I get Database configuration invalid.  I have Network Services with full control and for the V6 install I tried it with MySQL, CE and SQL server and got the same error message.

I have seen that this problem first occurred with a 4.5 install and its still happening with the same error message which is of little use.

BTW your installer is still buggy, some times when I choose option 1  I already have a blank SQL Server, SQL Azure or MySQL database  it doesn't show the steps that follow, I first experienced this bug with 4.6 and its still happening with the V6 install, other times it only shows step 2 and other times it behaves properly.

Why can't the error message reflect the problem.  Since I tried it with My SQL, then SQL Server and finally CE and each said the same thing "Database configuration Invalid"  I even get this when I am trying to upgrade 4.7 to 4.11 using the same connection string that works with my running version of 4.7.

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 23:38
    Lou

I have had some change with the upgrade, but not the clean install.  My upgrade now freezes at 35% with the message "Updating database tables", If tried to upgrade another site I have over 50 working sites, and it too froze at 35% saying it was also "Updating database tables"  I have waited for over twoo hours for it to complete that's why I say its frozen.

At least with DNN you always had the ability to trace your problems, why doesn't Umbraco have the same logging as other CMS products, its been around as long as DNN.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft