Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 18:05
    Bex

Downloaded existing 4.7.1 site to machine, now trying to run installer!

Hello

I'm pulling my hair out here.. can't work out what I have done wrong!

I have downloaded an entire 4.7.1 site off our live server to my local machine. I have got a copy of the live database and linked that up and set it all up in my local IIS! But.... when I try and run it it just throws a 404 looking for this page:

http://mysite.dev/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/

I can log into the umbraco backend using the password that has been previously set, and I can see my entire site.

But when I click on the home node, in the right hand window I get an object reference not set error with the following stacktrace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +251
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +897
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +100
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +191
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +86
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1444
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +134
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

I have tried republishing the entire site and given "everyone" all permissions on the folder.
    I have also redownloaded the site and DB and tried again but all with no success.

The site is running fine on the live server and I have done this before and have plenty of other umbraco sites running fine on my local machine.

Ideas anyone?

Bex

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Dec 10, 2012 @ 19:17
    Arie

Just a wild guess, but it looks like your install thinks it's new and tries to load the installer (/install). You may be able to work around the issue by re-installing the /install folder (which was probably deleted from your live site after the installation).

Dec 11, 2012 @ 09:41
    Bex

Ok, it ran the installation wizard again.. and now the front end is working but the backend is still throwing the object ref not set.

Can cope with that for now, although still annoying.

Dec 11, 2012 @ 09:53
    Bex

Ok.. spoke to soon.. getting this error:

Method not found: 'umbraco.NodeFactory.Node nForum.BusinessLogic.BaseForumUsercontrol.get_CurrentNode()'.

Something weird going on here!
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft