Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dominik 711 posts 733 karma points
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 22:07
    dominik

application starts frequently after moving to new server

hello,

after moving to a new server we are facing the following issue:

sometimes it takes 2 minutes until the website is loading. in umbracolog table i was able to see that application starts frequently.

i googled it and some posts are telling that this us an iis idle tineout issue. i checked this but both servers have the same configuration (idle timeout: 20 minutes)

any ideas why the application is restarting so frequently?

thanks

• Jeremy Pyne 106 posts 246 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 22:25
    Jeremy Pyne

This delay happens when teh APplication Pool for your website is recycled.  On a production site with a moderate about of traffic this wont happen becosue the hits are fequent enugh to keep the app pool alive.  On a small site or development system though you will see this problem.  

A few things to check:  Make sure ther the server/admin account can acctualy get to the internet.  I have seen some strange delated in the AppPool startup process if the .Net process cant get to the internet though I'm not sure why this happenes.

You can try to adjuzt the appPool Idle timeout(Default is 20 minutes) though this could have unexpected results.

You could make some sort of schedualt task that pings the site every few minutes too i suppose.

Long story short the startup time shouldn't be that long but the problem is incressed if you have lots of macros that are cached as they will all need to rebuild their cache also when the appPool restarts.

• dominik 711 posts 733 karma points
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 22:37
    dominik

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your answer. The crazy thing is that our development system is available all of the time by using exactly the same time out configuration (20 minutes).

the development website is everytime responding without any delay.

Just after moving do another server we are facing this issue on the new server

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft