Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• memekode 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 15:11
    memekode

Parser Error Message: umbracoScriptManager

Anyone know how to fix this? Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'umbracoScriptManager', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager).

Source Error:

Line 66: <body>
    Line 67: <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
    Line 68: <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="umbracoScriptManager">
    Line 69: </asp:ScriptManager>
  • Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 15:53
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Looks like a version-conflict to me. Are you trying to use .NET 3.5? If so, you should be using the correct web.config for that.

HTH,

Peter

• Arnim Anhut 137 posts 148 karma points
    Sep 10, 2009 @ 12:51
    Arnim Anhut

I get the same error when trying to run a self-compiled version of the MailEngine-Project. Compilation works fine but opening the Newsletter-Window inside of umbraco gives me the error above.

Peter, where could the version conflict arise? I used the DLL's from my umbraco-installation (businesslogic...) and Visal Studio ist set to .Net2.0 (also tried (3.0). But both give me the same error.

Anyone knows about this issue?

Greets, Arnim.

• marthin 87 posts 106 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 11:25
    marthin

Is there any help to get here? I just tried to update from v4.03 to 4.5 and got this error? I used the .NET 3.5 version from codeplex. Are there things i need to change? Running on a IIS 7 2008 server.

• Razvan 36 posts 67 karma points
    Mar 06, 2012 @ 11:58
    Razvan

I've just fixed this problem that was causing an old umbraco site (v4.0.1) to crash.

1. Make sure you have ASP.NET Ajax 1.0 installed

2. In web config you must have 

<configuration><configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
             <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
            <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
              <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere" />
              <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
              <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
              <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
            </sectionGroup>
          </sectionGroup>
        </sectionGroup>

and this

<runtime>
      <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
       <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
       </dependentAssembly>
       <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
       </dependentAssembly>
      </assemblyBinding>
     </runtime>
    </configuration>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft