Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DesignPattern 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 30, 2012 @ 17:23
    DesignPattern

Installing 4.11.1 on GoDaddy

Hi everyone,I couldn't find a thread about installing version 4.11.1 on GoDaddy. Has anyone figured it out and how it was done?Thanks!DP

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2012 @ 17:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi DesignPattern and welcome to our :)

Can you describe the steps you have taken in order to install Umbraco on godaddy? And do you get any kind of error message when trying to install Umbraco? If so please paste it in here as it may contain some information that could make sense.

Also note that if I remember correctly godaddy is running medium trust, is that correct?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

Dec 30, 2012 @ 17:55
    DesignPattern

Hi Jan,

I've followed this thread:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/17856-Umbraco-on-GoDaddy-Shared-Hosting

What I have done:

1) Upload the content of the 4.11.1 Umbraco onto a subfolder of my godaddy site.

2) Edited the Web.Config to run in medium trust and change the connection string.

3) Tried to run site.com/install and get a 500 error. There is no details other than the 500 error.

I've tried it on asp.net 3.5 and 4.0. GoDaddy is on MSSQL 2005 and I see that Umbraco needs version 2008. Should I just trun MySQL?

Dec 31, 2012 @ 07:36
    DesignPattern

So I was able to install the site, but it doesn't seem to be working 100%. I installed the Simple Start Kit and one of the themes but this is what my homepage looks like:

any idea why?

http://www.paleoplusplus.com/

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 09:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Did you set it up to run in medium trust?

If it's possible I think you should try and contact the GoDaddy support to see if they can help. It can be a lot of things and I'm not sure how much you have access to control yourself like server setup etc.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft