Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Walker 66 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 03, 2013 @ 12:13
    Kevin Walker

Best most reliable and fast hosting for Umbraco.

I'm having a nightmare with Umbraco hosting. The back office running really slow all the time. Can people suggest some really reliable hosts that are fast. My sites are fairly simple with minimal add ons / packages. I would like the option to use either a mySQL or MSSQL database. 

Thanks

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Jan 03, 2013 @ 15:49
    Gordon Saxby

I can offer UK based hosting - email me on gordon at ascendinternet.co.uk

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Jan 07, 2013 @ 15:45
    Stephen Davidson

I would suggest getting your own dedicated virtual/cloud server. I've used rackspace and fasthosts with rackspace being the best quality and best control panel but slightly more expensive.

This will allow you to run all your client sites (within reason) on the one server which if you get enough clients you will cover your costs and possibly make a small profit. It will also give you FULL control of everything you want to do.

HTH.

S

• Kevin Walker 66 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 10:13
    Kevin Walker

Thanks for the replies, I have indeed opted for a virtual server and the site runs really fast now for the client. I think it could be a few things with the shared hosting such as database location in relation to the website files, permissions and the shared network file storage that is used. All in all I won't be using shared hosting for Umbraco again. I would also recommend http://www.carbonsoft.co.uk as I did a test using this hosting and it was unbelievably fast.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft