Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lubos 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 12:22
    Lubos

Got "No umbraco document matches the url ..." after deploying website

Hi all, I have read some topics about "No umbraco document matches the url" error, but didn't find solution... 

I have successfully installed umbraco 4.11 .1 on localhost and created a website. But when I have deployed the finished site (with Visual Studio Ultimate 2012) to our testing server (like dev.ourserver.com/newsite/), I got the above error on default or all other pages of the site.

But the admin section dev.ourserver.com/newsite/umbraco works fine.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance

• Lee Kelleher 4024 posts 15833 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:20
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Lubos,

Did the "/App_Data/umbraco.config" get deployed too?  If not, then you can try republishing all of the content nodes to regenerate it, (right-click on the root "Content" node and "Republish entire site").

Cheers, Lee.

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:28
    Lubos

Hello Lee,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunelly the problem is somewhere else. /App_Data/umbraco.config is demployes correctly. I also tried to republish entire site, but it didn't help...

Any other idea? Thankx to all for helping me to resolve this bug

Lubos

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:30
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Lubos,

Try adding "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" to the end of your URL. It should give you some details about what Umbraco is doing to find the correct node for the URL.

Cheers, Lee.

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:34
    Lubos

Hmm, it looks like umbraco is not resolving any urls... try to look here: 

http://vyvoj.welldone.cz/UDudku/default.aspx?umbDebugShowTrace=true

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:46
    Lee Kelleher

You might need to enable debugging, (think it's disabled by default now).  To enable it, open your root Web.config, find the appSetting for "umbracoDebugMode", set the value as "true".  Then retry the "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" querystring.

Jan 04, 2013 @ 14:57
    Lubos

OK, I have enabled debugging in web.config. But the site still shows only "

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://vyvoj.welldone.cz/UDudku/?umbDebugShowTrace=true'

Jan 06, 2013 @ 15:16
    Lubos

Any ideas where is the problem? Thankx in advance! 

Lubos

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 16:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lubos

You should place the paremter right after the path to the document. Like vyoj.welldone.cz/UDudku?umbdebugshowtrace=1 - Does this give you any details?

If not, have you setup a hostname on the root node in Umbraco to match the dev domain? And have you tried simply right clicking the top "Content" node and select republish entire site? This should recreate the XML cache and make the pages requestable.

If this does not work try double checking the permissions and see if they have been set properly.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:07
    Lubos

YEEEAAAH! Thank you very much for your advice, Jan. I have found, that I've forgot to set domain in "Manage hostnames" in content section. 

Now it works well! 

:-)

Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:37
    Jan Skovgaard

That's great to hear Lubos - have fun :)

/Jan

• RobbyO 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 07:20
    RobbyO

So I am moving my application from Dev to production.  The database is connected.  Have IIS Application configured with all permissions set to the Umbraco root.

No matter what I publish, browse, or even umbdebugshowtrace=1, i am getting 404'd  repeatedly.  Another interesting observation is that the Favicon doesn't show up.  I am getting logged into the umbraco interface just fine.

I have looked at the "Manage hostnames" but nothing that i type works (i didn't use this section on the dev server.)

Jan, (or anyone else for that matter) can you think of ANYthing to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance

Jan 24, 2013 @ 20:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi RoobyO and welcome to our :)

Did you manage to figure this out?

Can you tell us a bit about the version of Umbraco you're using? And are you using virtual directories perhaps?

And have you set permissions for both network service and iusr accounts? And is the app pool user set to network service?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Alejandro González 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 22:52
    Alejandro González

Hi Lubos, 

what do you set on the hostnames I have the same issue

thanks

Jan 30, 2013 @ 06:07
    Lubos

I have to say, that the problem occurs when I've deployed the site to our developer server - to virtual directory: dev.ourhostname.com/sitename/... So I've put "dev.ourhostname.com/sitename" to manage hostnames. And i works.... almost. I wasnt able to prepare site navigation, due to reason, that umbraco cannot be run in subdirectory. 

After moving the site to final hostname www.domain.com/ it all works without need to set anything to "manage hostnames"

Try it 

Lubos

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft