Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 16:33
    Anthony Candaele

issue with programmatically creating member

Hi,

I upgraded my website from Umbraco v4.7.2 to v4.8.0

Everythings seems to work fine, except for my custom registration functionality. 

When trying to register a new member with the code:

"Member member = Member.MakeNew(email, email, mtype, new umbraco.BusinessLogic.User(0));"

I'm getting an YSOD with the error message:

"Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId bf1a6031-dba9-4249-9baa-9124974eb09d in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly."

Does anyone has an idea what's going on?

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 16:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

This is just a long shot from me - but have you referenced the upgraded dll's in your solution or are they still connected to the old ones? (If that makes sense?).

/Jan

Jan 06, 2013 @ 16:54
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

This could be the problem. I'll try it out and let you know if that solved the problem.

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 06, 2013 @ 17:21
    Anthony Candaele

I removed and add new dll reference for:

umbraco.dll
    cms.dll
    interfaces.dll
    businesslogic.dll

But I'm still getting the same error message.

The stack trace looks like this:

[ArgumentException: Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId bf1a6031-dba9-4249-9baa-9124974eb09d in the controls collection. To correct this, check the data type definition in the developer section or ensure that the package/control is installed correctly.] umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +514 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +723 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +750 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +260 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew(String Name, String LoginName, String Email, MemberType mbt, User u) +681 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.MakeNew(String Name, String Email, MemberType mbt, User u) +36 UmbracoRegistration.Usercontrols.MemberRegister.MakeMember(MemberType mtype, String email, String password) in c:\repos\umbracoregistration\UmbracoRegistration\UmbracoRegistration\Usercontrols\MemberRegister.ascx.cs:188 UmbracoRegistration.Usercontrols.MemberRegister.btnRegister_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\repos\umbracoregistration\UmbracoRegistration\UmbracoRegistration\Usercontrols\MemberRegister.ascx.cs:95 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

I wonder if the the namespace: umbraco.NodeFactory; could have something to do with it, as I'm refering to this namespace in my code:

using umbraco.NodeFactory;

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Matt Barlow | jacker.io 164 posts 740 karma points c-trib
    Jan 07, 2013 @ 17:51
    Matt Barlow | jacker.io

Do you have uComponents installed?

That GUID mentioned is for the uComponents country picker data type. You need to install version 5 of uComponents with Umbraco 4.8 and above. So maybe worth investigating that.

Jan 08, 2013 @ 17:39
    Anthony Candaele

Hi,

Matt, thanks for the tip. I indeed installed uComponents. I'll install uComponents v5.

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 09, 2013 @ 19:44
    Anthony Candaele

@Matt : you were right! I uninstalled uComponents and installed the latest version (v5.3) and now registration page is functioning again.

Thanks a lot man,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft