Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Reggie Roberts 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jan 09, 2013 @ 23:52
    Reggie Roberts

Error Parsing XSLT

After upgrading from 4.8.1 to 4.9.0 I begin receiving Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\ffbSidebar.xslt.  When I use admin to and visual the XSLT file I receive the following message:

Error parsing the XSLT:

System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransformException: Cannot find a script or an extension object associated with namespace 'urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings'. at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryContext.InvokeXsltLateBoundFunction(String name, String namespaceUri, IList`1[] args) at (XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime) at Root(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime) at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer) at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results) at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters) at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.developer.Xslt.xsltVisualize.visualizeDo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have not made any changes to the XSLT file and it was was working fine. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:variable name="sidebarNode" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::* [@isDoc][string(sidebarFeatures)!=''] [position()=1] " />
      <xsl:for-each select="Exslt.ExsltStrings:split($sidebarNode/sidebarFeatures, ',')">
        <xsl:variable name="node" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById(.)"/>
        <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RenderTemplate($node/@id, $node/@template)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
      </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 23:11
    Charles Afford

Hello :).  Is it just this page that is getting the error?  Are any other pages working?  Have you republished your site in Umbraco?.

Jan 14, 2013 @ 06:27
    Reggie Roberts

No it's happening on other pages. Yes I have republished the site.

Jan 15, 2013 @ 00:06
    Charles Afford

xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings"  remove that from the <xsl:stylesheet  part.  I think you are refrecing it twice :).  Please let me know if that helps.  Charles

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 02:23
    jivan thapa

1) may be you did not updated xsltextensions.config file

or

2) create a new xslt file "test" and see the difference between new and old one.

Jan 15, 2013 @ 23:33
    Reggie Roberts

Charles thank you but that did not work.

Jan 16, 2013 @ 22:09
    Charles Afford

Sorry i could not be of more help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft