Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Jan 12, 2013 @ 09:18
    Anthony Candaele

issue with media library after upgrade to 4.9.0

Hi,

I upgrade my Umbraco site from v4.7.2 to v4.11.2.

All went fine except for one issue with the Media Library since I upgraded to 4.9.0.

When selection the Media section in the Backoffice, the Media Library shows some jquery animation, that keeps spinning

When I folder is clicked in the content tree of the Media Library, the content is shown as normal. It's only when in the root of the Media Library that thes jQuery animation keeps spinning.

Anyony encountered this before?

How did you solve it?

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 248 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 22:27
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I upgraded a site from 4.9 to 4.11.3 and I'm getting the same problem only it spins regardless of what folder I click on beneath Media.

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 23:04
    Funka!

Hi Anthony,

Double-check that you have deleted/removed any old files as indicated in the upgrade notes. (You need to read each step, sadly there is no uinified guide that i've been able to find.) For example, in the jump from 4.7.2 to 4.8.0, you need to remember to delete /bin/App_global.asax.dll. We missed this once and got the infinite spinning loader in our media section just like you described, and after deleting it the problem was resolved. (Also, probably not a bad idea to run through all /config/*.config files as well as /web.config with something like ExamDiff or WinMerge to make sure (a)necessary new keys exist and (b)old ones don't.

Best of luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft