Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 18:29
    Barry
    0

    Site been working fine

    Suddenly, when I log into Umbraco - there is no content tree, click on developer and there is no developer tree (only the top node). Any ideas?

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 18:49
    Barry
    0

    Its a little strange. The page is rendering , unless its using cache. But the admin interface, although allowing me to login , does not display the sub nodes in any of the sections (content, settings, developer etc).

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 19:41
    Barry
    0

    What if my host suddenly switched the trust level to medium, would the site work as described but the content tree not load? - just a thought, I have no idea if the host has done this. Just cant see why when I log in there is no nodes loading.

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 21:51
    Barry
    0

    I dont know if this helps but I can search for a node that isnt shown , if I do that I get an asp.net error

    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +54
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl..ctor(Content c, publishModes CanPublish, String Id) +782
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +369
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

     

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 08:35
    Barry
    0

    Anyone know anything I can try ?At the moment I cant do anything as no nodes appear below the top level ones..

     

    Content

    -- Empty below

    Developer

    -- Empty below

    etc..

     

    If I can get remote access to the db , is there anything I can check there? or is there any umbraco client files I can check as this appears to be a problem with the umbraco client.

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 09:30
    Barry
    0

    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +54
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl..ctor(Content c, publishModes CanPublish, String Id) +782
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +369
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 09:30
    Barry
    0

    Really getting desperate now.. anyone have any ideas?

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 09:31
    Barry
    0

    Really getting desperate now.. anyone have any ideas? That error only happens if I search for a node. Normally, the node tree is empty and no errors appear. eg.

     

    Content

    -- Empty below

    Developer

    -- Empty below

     

    Right click on top node also does not produce a menu.

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 09:33
    Barry
    0

    I am assuming the db is fine as the live site is displaying correctly - I have a random node displaying in the header of the site and this is correctly rotating so its not cached. However, the Admin interface will not load properly. Help!!!

  • ClausV 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 21, 2009 @ 11:54
    ClausV
    0

    Barry, did you ever figure out the problem with this?

    We've now experienced this problem, exactly as you describe with a customer site, and I thought an upgrade to 4.0.2.1 would solve the problem, but unfortunately it still persists....

    I found that one of the nodes in the database had about 67000 entries, so I removed these (and the versions associated) manually from the database in hope that this was related...  But it doesn't seem so...

    I really hope that there are some of you who can figure this out...

  • Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 12:20
    Barry
    0

    Two solutions..

    1. Remove the lucene index files. Most likely cause is they are corrupt. The index files are int the _systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete folder..delete all the files in that folder. Then rebuild the index .. there is a url you can use to rebuild them, \umbraco\reindex.aspx I think.

    2. Check permissions and check them again. .. really only an issue with shared hosting sites. Sometimes the permissions on folders get reset and the host forgets to give full permissions back to a folder. I'd imagine in your situation deleting the index files will work...

    Number 1 worked for me but I have had issues with permissions before.

  • Ian Smedley 97 posts 191 karma points
    May 10, 2011 @ 13:59
    Ian Smedley
    0

    I had a similar problem with the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

    It would occur whenever trying to create a new document type, or using CMS Import, or trying to load a content item of that particular document type, that had already been created.

    This happened not long after I changed some document type alias' around.

    After grabbing the source for 4.7 (The version I was running) I was able to debug the error in more detail, and I found that my custum dropdown datatypes had no id against them, this was what was causing the problems.

    Simple Fix: Go to Developer, Data Types, open each custom data type, click save.

    Hope this helps somebody.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft