Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Koen Defrancq 14 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 13, 2013 @ 20:41
    Koen Defrancq

upgrade v4.11 to v6 : Content node empty

I'm in the progress of rebuilding an existing xslt umbraco site to mvc views. Rebuild is almost finished in 4.11 (on local machine).So I decided to take the plunge so made a copy of db, website & did upgrade to v6 on the new site. I updated the web.config, copied  the upgrade folders (install, umbraco, bin, umbracoclient)

Got some error because i missed some things in web.config but then i got the upgrade wizard and everything went fine.

But when opening umbraco I get an empty content node & empty document type nodes al other nodes seem to be available.

Opening the website gives me 

No provider found with the alias 'masterpages'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No provider found with the alias 'masterpages'

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: No provider found with the alias 'masterpages']
       Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager.<GetFileSystemProvider>b__1(String s) +737
       System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) +83
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.TemplateRepository.EnsureDepedencies() +116
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.RepositoryFactory.CreateContentTypeRepository(IDatabaseUnitOfWork uow) +154
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentTypeService.GetContentType(Int32 id) +75
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.setupNode() +220
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.GetByAlias(String Alias) +192
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType.GetDataType(String contentTypeAlias, String propertyTypeAlias) +239
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.GetPropertyValue(IPublishedContent prop, String alias, Boolean recursive, T ifCannotConvert) +247
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestBuilder.FollowInternalRedirects() +91
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestBuilder.LookupDocument2() +824
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestBuilder.LookupDocument() +234
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Action`1 onSuccess) +189
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +182
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +16

Any ideas?

thx Koen

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jan 13, 2013 @ 22:36
    Charles Afford

This is a really long shot but.. in umbracosettings.config  did you change <defaultRenderingEngine>WebForms</defaultRenderingEngine> to <defaultRenderingEngine>Mvc</defaultRenderingEngine>

Charlie.

Jan 13, 2013 @ 23:43
    Koen Defrancq

yes 

<templates>
    <defaultRenderingEngine>Mvc</defaultRenderingEngine>
    <useAspNetMasterPages>true</useAspNetMasterPages>
    </templates>

BTW no i see i also have the provider error when trying to open the document types node

when i look in db table contenttype i can see all ly documenttypes

Jan 13, 2013 @ 23:58
    Charles Afford

So, is it a clean site, or did you move content?  Do you have any content within the Content section? and is it refrencing anything?  I.E document types/ templates? Do you have any templates or document types defined within settings?  I think Umbraco is trying to refrence a document type or template that is no longer there :) 

Jan 14, 2013 @ 09:38
    Koen Defrancq

No, its an upgrade of existing site

but i found the issue I forgot to check & upgrade the FileSystemProviders.config

Now having some issues with too many   @'s in my views cleaning them up now

Thanks for the help

Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:02
    Charles Afford

ah ok, thanks for the update.  Will bare this in mind the next time :) and have a look in the FileSystemsProviders.config

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft