Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 09:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Can't access manage hostnames after upgrade to 4.11.3.1

Hi all

I've recently done 2 upgrades from Umbraco 4.9 to Umbraco 4.11.3.1 following the steps described in the upgrade documentation here on our and on each revision on codeplex.

In the one I did yesterday I can't access manage hostnames. On the other one it works perfectly...so wondering if there is something I have missed.

I'm getting this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

umbraco.dialogs.AssignDomain.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1157

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91

umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Does anyone have a clue?

Cheers,

Jan

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 09:32
    Stephen

The only recent changes to AssignDomain.aspx[.cs] comes from me... but I don't see what can go wrong with them. Have you updated both the DLL _and_ the .aspx dialog page?

Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

I copied /bin, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders when I did the upgrade so I suppose both files SHOULD have been updated.

But I'll double check to see if I missed something.

Thanks.

/Jan

Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

Turns out my copy from yesterday was not succesfull. Now it works.

Thanks for your input.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft