Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 09:12
    Barry

SQL Server to VistaDB

On my live site I currently have SQL Server 2008 running Umbraco. However, I am having a problem at the moment (see http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/3749-Site-been-working-fine) which means it would have been ideal to just copy the db down and then debug everything. Is there a way to import SQL Server into VistaDB ?

Things I cant do..

I cant package up the content because the nodes are not showing in my admin interface (see the original problem)

I cant get remote access to the db at the moment (via Management Studio) but I hope to be able to do that shortly.

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 09:21
    Daniel Lindstrom

Have you considered SQL Server Express? It is free. You should be able to back up the production database and restore it to your local sql server express installation in management studio.

http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/default.aspx

• Barry 99 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 10:27
    Barry

I have SQL Server 2008 developer anyway.. its about being able to just copy the db (vistadb file) from my host to my machine. currently I dont have remote sql access to the db on my host so its a pain...

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 10:46
    Chris Koiak

Hi Barry,

Sounds like you're going to have to wait for you DB access. There are no tools (that I know of) to export an Umbraco DB to VistaDB, or any other single file.

Creating a package would have been my first suggestion.

Surely if you ask your hosting company for a .bak file of your DB they would delivery that asap?

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft