Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• simon 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 15:48
    simon

Login Issue

Hiving a issue login when i tried to update a admin account to increase security. Now I have no access to account from something i did i think.

This is the error message I get when i try to login using the correct details.

Thanks for any help.

Simon

Server Error in '/' Application.

Umbraco Canvas requires an ASP.Net form to function properly. Live editing has been turned off.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Umbraco Canvas requires an ASP.Net form to function properly. Live editing has been turned off.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ApplicationException: Umbraco Canvas requires an ASP.Net form to function properly. Live editing has been turned off.]
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages._default.AddLiveEditingSupport() +406
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +37

[ApplicationException: Error adding Canvas support.]
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +128
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 19:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

What version of Umbraco are you using? And could you ellaborate a bit more on the steps you took that resulted in this issue?

And what path are you trying to access the backoffice from? The above looks like an error message caused by some canvas (Which is the option to edit a site without looging into the backoffice) issue.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• simon 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 13:56
    simon

Hi jan,

I am using Umbraco 4. I am not totally sure what I did to be honest. I was trying to improve security to the login and changed the admin name and login password and now I have no access. I definatly have the correct password etc.

Thanks for any help.

Simon

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 16:47
    Asif Malik

Hi Simon have you checked directly in the database to see ift he user is set up correctly.... Open the umbracoUser table and make sure userDisabled, userNoConsole and defaultToLiveEditing are all false (0) ... additionally startStructureIS and startMediaID should be -1 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft