Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Jan 21, 2013 @ 00:06
    Lou

Upgrading Umbraco

I wrote a post here, that was critical of the Umbraco Install and Upgrade processes, rather than get a reply the post was deleted.

By removing posts about bad Upgrades and Installs is not going to make the problem go away.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2013 @ 19:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lou

I don't believe that any of the administrators in here are deleting negative posts about bad experiences. This is not at all how the Umbraco community nor the Umbraco HQ works. We like to be open and if something is not working as expected it's perfectly ok to be critical and in some situations have a rant about it.

As Niels has mentioned in another reply there has been some issues with the ISP, which caused the server to be unstable and then your post probably was never posted - which is pretty frustrating. I've lost my share of posts in here on that account so I know how frustrating it can be - therefore I can only recommend that you do a ctrl+x before posting just to make sure you don't lose anything if something goes wrong. I do this all the time when posting on forums all over the internet.

Regarding the upgrade issues you're having I've replied in here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/37681-Upgrade-Bugs?p=0#comment136157

Cheers,
    Jan 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft