Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Berling 30 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 09:26
    Jonas Berling

Installation halting after table creation

I'm working with my hosting provider to understand why I can't install Umbraco 4.11.3 on their servers. We have come as far as database setup when the installation just halts with no error message. I have given the database credentials and the installation creates a large number of (all?) tables in my database, so the DB credentials seems to be correct as far as db server, db name, user and password. I've tested with both MySQL and SQL Server with the same result. The installation web page displays a progress bar that never gets passed the 0% but instead, after creating the tables, stops setting the value indicator of the progress bar to -1.

I'm trying to understand where we are in the installation process. As mentioned, I can see a large number of Umbraco tables in the DB. What should be the next step? What can I check to see how far we have come? Any particular step that might be extra sensitive to how the server (.NET) is set up?

/Jonas

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 23:17
    Charles Afford

Hello, dont know alot about this but.. have you checked that with the user you are giving for the umbraco install you can create and add tables to the database you are trying to use?  Have you setup a blank database and tried this?    Not sure what your next step would be if this is not the case but will try and find some information out for you :).  Charlie.  What version of sql and windows are you using? 

• Jonas Berling 30 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 09:20
    Jonas Berling

Hi,

As the installation process halts *after* creating all the tables I strongly believe that the given user indeed does have access to the database. Or am I missing something?

It is Win2008 Server R2 and SQL Server 2008 (.NET 4.0).

I'm curious of what the installation process tries to do after creating the tables.

/Jonas

Jan 25, 2013 @ 14:33
    Charles Afford

Sorry missed there was an update to this.    The given user does need to be able to read and write the database.  It sounds like a permissions thing.  Not sure what it trsy to do after creating the tables.  :)

Jan 25, 2013 @ 14:35
    Charles Afford

There have been other issues around the same thing on this forum somewhere with the same issues of using Umbraco with hosting providers. all of the ones i have seen are either with database permissions or Inet permissions :).  Not sure if that helps.

• Johan 38 posts 88 karma points
    Jan 27, 2013 @ 10:04
    Johan

I had that problem just now. I solved it by editing write permission for the application pool identity on the wwwroot folder

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft