Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 24, 2013 @ 15:16
    Jason

Template Alias Browsing Configuration Issue

Recently I've come across something odd, and rather frustrating.

Background

Under our Templates section, we have a "Master" template, and one level underneath this we have the rest of our templates used on the site. There is no secondary level of templating.

Some of these templates are used at the top-level folder within the actual site structure, while other templates are used at the second-level folder structure. Here is an example:

Templates

- Master

- Template1

- Template2

- Template3

Site Pathing

www.mydomain.com/Top-Level/Second-Level/Third-Level/etc

What I mean to say, Top-Level might be using "Template1" for its template, and Second-Level might be using "Template2" for its template.

The Issue

If I navigate to:  www.mydomain.com/Second-Level/ I would expect our 404 Error page to appear (since we do not have a page at that address). Ironically, a page appears but without any information on it and with macro errors and the sort.

What I've discovered, whether you have a page tied to the same name as a template or not, the alias for the template is able to be hit from the "Top-Level" spot in your URL. I DO NOT want www.mydomain.com/Second-Level/ to be hittable from the web.

Something to Note

In our web.config, we do have the setting "umbracoUseDirectoryUrls" as set to true as we wanted to hide the ".aspx" extensions from our URLs.

Hopefully my explanation hasn't left you scratching your head, if you need clarification, please ask.

Jan 24, 2013 @ 15:18
    Jason

I'm unable to edit my post above...please note, where I said "Site Pathing", I meant it to look like this:

Site Pathing

www.mydomain.com / Top-Level / Second-Level / Third-Level / ....etc

Feb 01, 2013 @ 16:41
    Jason

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft