Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Trumf 78 posts 160 karma points
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 20:33
    Rasmus Trumf

Missing data in content templates in U6 MVC site

I have just upgraded from U6-beta wich had some problems to U6-RC but the problems persists. Not sure if I'm the problem or there actually is an issue with U6, but I will try to explain what I did and what the problem is.

I have made a clean install. I unblocked and unzipped the package and placed the umbraco files in the project i just created in VS. Same procedure as always. Created a database and opened the site. Everything installed as planned.
    I created some documentTypes and templates, and created a FrontPage right under Content and a contentpage under that. Then I fired up the website and clicked into the subpage from the frontpage and wondered why the subpage had an .aspx extension. Googled and found out that I forgot /Config/umbracoSettings.config and changed defaultRenderingEngine to Mvc and useAspNetMasterPages to false. Then I exported my "Master" documentType (wich holds a lot of properties) and deleted the database and created it again and reinstalled again. I imported my Master documenttype and created Frontpage documentType and The templates from scratch.

Now the frontpage is looking like it did before. The fields from the Master documentType are populated in the Layout, but the fields from the Frontpage documentType are not populated in the Frontpage view/template. But if I preview the Frontpage from backoffice all the fields are populated on the frontpage and then the fields are also populated on the website, but only until the session times out or if I open the frontpage in another browser. I have tried Currentpage and Model. If I put in an alt text in currentpage the alt text is displayed and Model gives an Object not set error, so I guess the fields are Null.

Another thing is that when I click to the subpage in the menu I get an error: No template exists to render the document at url xxx

It seems that the reinstall have made some node mixup like in the old Sitecore days or maybe it is an issue. I tend to think the fault is me, but maybe you could give a hint here.

I hope I have made my self clear otherwise just ask.

Thanks in advance

Rasmus

Jan 27, 2013 @ 09:46
    Rasmus Trumf

The master documenttype holds a lot of company information like address etc. wich is populated on all pages with @Umbraco.Field("adresse", recursive: true) in the _Layout template. On the frontpage I have a headline that is populated with H1 @Umbraco.Field("front_headline") /H1 wich is a property on the frontpage documenttype that uses the frontpage template. The frontpage documenttype inherits the master documenttype. When I look at the frontpage in a browser I can see the data from the address field but not the headline. I can see the empty H1 tags around the field when I view source. When I preview frontpage from backoffice the address data is shown in the browser. The frontpage is published otherwise I wouldn't be able to view in browser. It is somehow like the fields on the frontpage documenttype is not published though.

I'm really lost here...

Jan 27, 2013 @ 19:30
    Rasmus Trumf

Found the error. There was an underscore in the alias wich aparently is not handled properly at this time...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft