Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Soren 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 22:51
    Soren

What went wrong with my installation?

Hey fellow geeks,

I just installed Umbraco successfully, latest edition AWS.
    Everything went well, and i was launching into the administration panel and got this:

When i click ANYTHING, nothing happens, screen just keeps apearing as above.

If i try go to main site www.globalengineers.eu i get below...:

Clicking RUNWAY gets me to nowhere,it stays on this page....

It's a fresh installation, just downloaded today.
    During installation you get to add on 4 extra features, nacigation RSS feed and 2 others, i tried doing 3 top ones of tehm, but failed, so i clicked back and continues the installation with success it seemed.

Anyone get an idea how to get me fixed - can i redo installation by changes just a few pcs of files and redo installation?

ASP.NET is Ver 2, running MSSQL....

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1101 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 23:55
    Brendan Rice

Here are a few things to check:

1. Check the console in Chrome developer tools for javascript errors

2. Check the network tab in Crhome for file errors

It looks like it is failing to pick up javascript in the back office for some reason. It could be permission realted on the server folder.

Jan 29, 2013 @ 00:06
    Soren

Nothing in Javascript or File  errors..

A little more information.
    Am running with google Chrome.

Web is deployed at Surftown - i looked through a lot of old threads whereas people also had problems, but no rescent one.

Does above information lead to anything INSTANT thinking?

(I'm an old MCAD, but never used it since 6 years ago unfortunately - though, i did a lot of PHP - count it that i need some deep end help and how to, a lot of phrases and terms on here i don't know :)        )

Thanks for help and patience in advance :) 

Jan 29, 2013 @ 01:49
    Soren

During the 2nd installation i came up with another thing that actually happened 1st attempt:
    Runway gave me following....after the error, i go back and install without....

Still same probems as initially.

Server Error in '/' Application.

An item with the same key has already been added.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +51
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +7464156
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) +11
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) +3209
       umbraco.presentation.install.steps.boost.btNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +279
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4214; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft