Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 15:57
    Pinal Bhatt

Error while setting up U6RC site from Visual Studio

I set up VS project with Umbraco 6 RC using nuget. When i try to run /install/default.aspx for first time to setup my umbraco i get following error

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 15:58
    Pinal Bhatt

Server Error in '/' Application.

Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.Routing.RoutesCacheResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.Routing.RoutesCacheResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized on Umbraco.Web.Routing.RoutesCacheResolver. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1.get_Current() +249
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +261
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__6(Object sender, EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

• Nick Beaugié 28 posts 80 karma points
    Feb 02, 2013 @ 23:35
    Nick BeaugiƩ

Pinal.

Check whether the Global.asax file is present.

I got the same error message when upgrading my live website - a mistake with the mouse and FTP meant I deleted that file by mistake.

Nick

• Dennis Milandt 190 posts 517 karma points
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 16:22
    Dennis Milandt

Nick, this worked for me.. thank you. but how.. is anyone ever.. supposed to figure this out by themselves..

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    Sep 23, 2013 @ 18:38
    Peter Duncanson

I've asked for that little nuget (which just saved my ass and sanity) to be added to the upgrade docs. Thats how others are meant to know. Good work all :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft