Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul reynolds 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 18:49
    Paul reynolds

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException Error ..Please Help

HI ,

Every time i try to open my umbraco web site using on the local host i keep getting this :

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: site

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: site]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +298

[HttpException (0x80004005): Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: site]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9873784

System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

I have try to uninstall and reinstall umbraco/webmatrix but to no avail ...If any could helpme i would be very gratefull  as i have been trying to fix this for the last week and am getting no where

Paul

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jan 31, 2013 @ 17:16
    Brendan Rice

Not sure if this is relevant but here is a guy with a similar error message:

http://dotnetslackers.com/ASP_NET/re-15221_System_ArgumentOutOfRangeException.aspx

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 14:30
    Charles Afford

Paul, what language are you using xslt?  Are you able to login to the backend?  What is the url you are trying to in on?  How have you setup iis?  Charlie :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft