Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 16 posts 36 karma points
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 17:42
    Mike

Installing imagegen/UmBox on v3.0.6

Wrong Local header signature: 0x3CBFBBEF body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Hi, apologies if this isn't the right place to post but it seemed the most logical choice...

I'm trying to install imagegen and UmBox on v3.0.6 but am at a lose of how to do this - bare with me, I'm completely new to this :)

There's no .umb file in either download so I'm not sure what file I should be selecting when importing the package in the developer section. I tried package.xml but it gives the error below.

I looked at the xml file and manually copied the imagegen files into the umbraco directory and it seems to work, verifying the installation in a browser noted that it was there but I've no idea what to do next.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Server Error in '/' Application.

Wrong Local header signature: 0x3CBFBBEF

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Wrong Local header signature: 0x3CBFBBEF

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ZipException: Wrong Local header signature: 0x3CBFBBEF]
       ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipInputStream.GetNextEntry() +1393
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Packager.unPack(String ZipName) +679
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Packager.Import(String InputFile) +522

[Exception: Error unpacking extension...]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.Packager.Import(String InputFile) +638
       umbraco.dialogs.packager.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +299
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 18:06
    Peter Dijksterhuis

For importing the package, you must point to the zip-file (an umb-file is nothing more than a zip-file with a changed extention)

HTH,

Peter

Aug 28, 2009 @ 10:04
    Mike

Ok, much better, thank you Peter :)

However I still have problems with the imagegen update221 - the zip doesn't contain a package.xml and reports an error and the UmBox package reports an error of "Libray cannot extract this entry version required (45)" . I also get the same error trying to install the MTT gallery package.

I'm wondering if perhaps this is a v4 only package?

Thanks

Mike

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 28, 2009 @ 10:19
    Peter Dijksterhuis

For imagegen, read this page for instructions:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/imagegen/imagegen-bugs/2982-[UPDATE]-Fix-to-caching-bug-in-201

That should get you on the way. ImageGen should work with previous version of umbraco as well, but as the documentation said, you first need to install 2.0.1 and then upgrade manually to the newest version.

HTH,

Peter

Aug 28, 2009 @ 11:06
    Mike

Ok great, manually installed the update and imagegen now reports (Professional features enabled for localhost), which it didn't before.

I'm still getting the same error when trying to install any of the gallery packages I found though and I suspect it might be v4 only. I can try a manual installation, the xml says where to copy the files, but there's also lots of code that presumably has to get written somewhere, and I've no idea where.

Cheers

Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft