Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hani Habashy 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 18:01
    Hani Habashy

Loadbalance Umbraco using a fileshare

I have followed the instruction from the following linkg to a "T":

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/installing-umbraco-for-load-balanced-environments

My loadbalancer (MS NLB) is working fine the sites are being displayed on both servers with not issue.  My issues are as follows:

1.) When I go to the admin page and login....I just get a content folder.  I do not see my subfolders or directories.  I can search for them and get them that way.

2.) Websites will not update.  Non of them.  I have removed the umbraco.config file form data folder, and reapplyed the replace to all child object perm and it updates, but it will not update unless I do this step everytime???  Any help would be appreciated.  It seems to me that it will not allow the umbraco.config to be modified.  Which is corcky because I can modify the file with that use via windows, and user "x" has full control.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 27, 2009 @ 19:42
    Hani Habashy

Everytime I publish...I have to delete the umbraco.config file, then go to the top folder of the share right click security and click advanced button, then click apply and ok.  Without changing anything in the permissions, click ok on the main security properties tab.  Browse the website and the update info appears.  I navigate back to the data folder and the umbraco.config file has been recreated.  I have to do this everytime.  My user account has full controller over these files and have used the same user for app pool.  I do not know what I am doing wrong.  It is almost like the admin app is not alowed to ulter the .config file but is able to create a new one.

Aug 27, 2009 @ 20:47
    Hani Habashy

Just in case anyone is wondering...I resolved the issue with changing the app pool user back to network services, and can only make changes to the a third server that is not part of the farm.  I think good old MS (NLB) had a hand in it. The third server is now my umbraco website admin site server.  It appears to work because it is not being loadbalanced.  I know in MSNLB (2003 that is) servers that are cluster memebers can not communicate with each other.  I hope this helps anyone else that may come along and want setup a webfarm with umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft