Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Drew Garratt 44 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:02
    Drew Garratt

Umbraco Version 6 upgrade stuck at 5% "Connecting to database.."

Hi everyone,

This might be the most basic question but I'm really struggling to get past it. I'm trying to upgrae from Umbraco 4.10.1 to 6.0 but try as I might I can't seem to connect to any database.

I've tried the connection string from my previous 4.10.1 installation as well as creating a mirror of the database on Azure and attempting to connect to that. In both instances the installation hangs at 5% with the message "Connecting to database" is there any way for me to get something a little more verbose back from the installation as to whats going on here?

Or are there any no brainer suggestions I might have missed besides checking my credientials.

Thanks again everyone ^-^

• Drew Garratt 44 posts 192 karma points
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:21
    Drew Garratt

Yes I had indeed done something unimaginable dumb. After a quick read of the code on the database page I realised that it was passing variables via querystring and it suddenly occured to me that my previous installation had some custom URL rewrites applied... removing those from the webconfig and suddenly everything worked.

Oh well only took me a couple of hourse to spot my obvious mistake >.<;

• Adriano 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 11, 2013 @ 17:07
    Adriano

Very useful Thanks! Was wondering why it was always getting stuck on multiple sites at 5% 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft