Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoffry Brown 6 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 04:24
    Geoffry Brown

Is New Azure Website the only current option for running on Azure?

I have a current project with an extremely tight deadline and I may be required to put it on Azure.  I don't want to use websites as they are shared and seem limited for my needs, I prefer a Web Role that I will deploy.  I know the old accelerator used blob storage for the files and this worked well but is not longer available.  I have searched far and wide for a solution to allow me to use blob storage for the files that are created through the the back office.

My requirements require some heavy powerpoint creation and manipulation I would like to offload to a worker process.  It will also be accessed in over 10 countries around the world in every region.  If I can have my files read from the blob this is trivial, I simply scale out my web roles, use sql azure, and setup queues and worker roles to handle the powerpoint work which is very resource intensive, perfect for a background process.

Any ideas here?  I literally have a week for this.  It totally caught me off guard I wasn't expecting this to be an issue.

--UPDATE
    In effect I can deploy all the files like cshtml, js and css no issue so the only real issue would be the media files.  If I could back those images in that secion in blob storage I would be good.
    --UPDATE

Thanks
    Geoff

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft